Sunday, January 16, 2011

As the 2 Year Anniversary Approaches.....

Last week as John and I were talking to someone at his work they asked how long we have lived here in Midland to which I replied, "A little over a year", while at the same time John replied, "2 years". I started to correct him on that until I did the math in my head and realized that he was right! March will make 2 years that we have lived here and I have to admit that for some reason that makes me queasy...not that I am not liking it more here, but somehow I feel like I have lost a whole year of my life somehow while living here. I like the idea of telling people that we are new to Midland or "not from here", but now I guess I am from here. *gulp* I have come a long way from when we first moved here I no longer lock myself in the closet with a bottle of wine, or pretend that Oprah and Ellen are the only ones who really understand me, I am no longer angry everyday when John has a good day at work because I secretly wanted him to be as miserable as I was. I have given up trying to force people to be friends with me and now pray that God will just send a friend to knock on my door. I will admit that the school that the kids go to is like nothing back home and that they have opportunities here that they would never have back there, but it is so bitter sweet to read on Facebook how all of Gracy's old friends are still hanging out together and so close, knowing that Gracy will enter into middle school next year without the support of close friends. I picture her alone at the lunch table wearing too much dark eyeliner and black lipstick listening to Nirvana or Marilyn Manson. Oh gosh, I feel a panic attack coming on....I think I hear the bottle of wine in the fridge and the closet calling my name!!!

0 comments: